There are lots of ways to get to know your customers better.
Here are our favourite ways to get to know customers. Take a look and if you try some out yourself, let us know how you get on.
- Attend customers’ product launches, socials and events.
- Instead of always liaising over the phone or email, meet them for a coffee to discuss projects or just for an informal chat.
- Ask about their day or weekend. You might discover you share the same hobby.
- Invite them to your networking events and business seminars.
- Ask for feedback on your products and services.
- Connect with clients on social media and you’ll gain an insight into their lives.
Our Print Evangelist said, “after taking part in the Chatsworth 10k run, I noticed on Facebook that a customer had been there too. When I got back to the office, I dropped her a line to see how she got on. This provided some common ground – something to talk about other than work, which I think is really important. I think people appreciate some light relief in their work day. Since then, we’ve organised to go for lunch to discuss our running experiences and race calendar.
Another client often posts photographs on social media of their dog. I love dogs so, whenever I see or speak to them, I always ask how they are first and then, “how’s Sid?” (their dog). I’ve even offered to dogsit!”
Our Artwork Avenger, Lee, said, “product and event support is key. I think a great example is when we attend our own customers’ events. Most recently and to name just a few examples, we’ve attended a customer’s open garden event, we make a concerted effort to spend money at our clients’ restaurants and shops and we get involved with charity events and fundraising.”
So what are you waiting for? Go that extra mile and see where it takes you and your business.
If you’ve enjoyed this article, then please share it on social media.
You may also like our blog >> ‘Why it is easier to approve printed proofs‘.