Here at Essential Print Services, we are doing all we can to reduce our impact on the environment. We encourage our clients to re-use the bags and boxes that contain their precious print.
So, if you’d like to re-use our packaging, here are 10 ways to re-use an empty cardboard box:
- Take it grocery shopping and use it instead of a bag to carry heavier items.
- Build a space rocket / PrintBot. If you’ve got a larger box you could cut some leg and armholes, paint it yellow, wear it and pretend to be Spongebob Squarepants
- If you have a large order with multiple boxes you could build an igloo or an office den
- Use it as a house for your guinea pig (or any other small pet)
- When your tortoise is ready for its winter sleep, use it as a cosy bed for him or her (draw a picture of your tortoise on the outside so you don’t accidentally throw it away)
- Wrap the boxes in environmentally-friendly coloured paper and put them under your Christmas tree for decoration
- Our small business card box could be used to grow cress or other kitchen herbs
- Decorate any size box and then it as for storage
- Pass it on to someone moving house
- If you really don’t want to be Spongebob or do any of the other things then take it to be recycled!
How do you use your boxes? Let us know and we’ll add it to the list. The more ideas we have, the easier it will be for people to re-use our packaging and help the planet.