Your local businesses need you!
To support Local Business Week, each team member of Essential Print Services will nominate a different local business to be showcased on our website and social media each day.
So be sure to visit our site daily to see who are the ‘chosen ones’.
In the true spirit of the initiative, we have all made the pledge to buy three things from our local shops that we would normally get from supermarkets or other big stores, and we encourage you to do so too.
Who are your top local businesses? Let us know and we’ll retweet and mention our favourites.
For more information about Local Business Week and for details on how to make the pledge, visit their site: www.localbusinessweek.co.uk
It was a lovely surprise for the Print Angels when today’s Derby Telegraph reported; “Another new business making its mark is Pride Park-based Essential Print Services.
Founded by Yvonne Gorman in early 2011, the business offers a range of design and printing services. Business growth meant she needed bigger facilities in a more prominent location and last year the company moved to larger premises on Pride Park.
The company now employs three people providing printing services and solutions for a wide range of clients, around 85% of whom are from Derby and Derbyshire.
As well as running her business, Derby-born-and bred Yvonne has become something of an ambassador for Derby’s business community.
Last year, she championed Small Business Saturday – a Government-backed initiative that called on shoppers to back small local businesses by shopping locally.
Yvonne flew the flag for the city at a reception at 10 Downing Street. She was chosen to attend the reception after being featured in the Small Business Saturday Top 100 – a daily countdown of 100 firms on the Small Business Saturday Facebook page.”
Upon seeing the article, Yvonne commented; “It’s turned out to be a happy Wednesday indeed. I feel very honoured to be recognised locally for being an ambassador for the city. Being pictured next to the Brownlee brothers, isn’t bad either.”
Do you have the essentials?
- Exceptional visual sense – can you spot potential file gremlins?
- Confidence to present ideas & explain issues to clients & colleagues
- Strong computer skills – candidates must be a marvel on a Mac
- Passionate about print – a real life graphical Geek
- A Derby Ambassador – do you love our city?
Do you tick all the boxes? If so, apply now.
What we are looking for:
- A covering message that will make you stand out from the crowd. Show us how well you can communicate
- Your email message and/or CV must prove that you have the essential skills listed above
- Your email must answer the following two questions:
1. Why are you so passionate about print?
2. What do you love the most about Derby?
- Let us know how proficient you are at using the industry standard software
(i.e. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Your CV and/or portfolio must be attached to the email message as one PDF document and be no larger than 5mb. Any other file formats will not be accepted
- Accuracy – part of your job will be to proof read and check files, so ensure your correspondence with us is error-free.
- You must be committed to your own personal development (i.e. willing to attend training courses & networking events)
- Full, clean driving licence would be preferable, but not essential
Email your application to email@example.com, for the attention of Miss Yvonne Gorman.
If you would like more information or to simply introduce yourself, please call 01332 418377.
But be quick, closing date is 5pm, 30th April 2014.
Today is International Happiness Day, which was started by the United Nations in 2012.
But what makes you happy?
We asked the Print Angels at Essential Print Services;
Owner of Essential Print Services, Yvonne Gorman said; “I feel happiness when I get up in the morning and realise I run my own business – its a dream come true. As the company approaches it’s 3rd birthday I’m overwhelmed at the support we’ve received from our clients, friends and print detectives. I’m full of gratitude. It makes me very happy to see the Print Angels develop in the print industry and strive to give all our clients a fantastic print experience. However, there’s nothing quite like going home and hugging the one you love, who just so happens to be cooking a delicious meal…with a glass of Prosecco of course.”
Print Angel, Laura Etheridge said; “Happiness to me is a state of mind. It’s feeling fortunate for the wonderful family that I have, the loyal friends and the supportive colleagues. It’s waking up and realizing that I am very lucky for the opportunities I have had in life and the exciting experiences that are still yet to come. Feeling positive for the cards that I have been dealt is what makes me truly happy.”
The Apprintice, Rebekah Lord added; “I am most happy when I am surrounded by people that I care about, the sun is shining and the birds are singing in the trees. Today marking the beginning of Spring fills me with joy because something magical happens when the sun arrives; it has such a positive effect on people’s moods and everyone’s spirits are lifted.”
As you can see, the Print Angels are a positive bunch with a happy outlook on life.
We’re keen to know on this day of International Happiness, what makes YOU happy?
Connect with us on Facebook or Twitter and let us know.
Wishing all our clients, suppliers and print detectives a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day – top of the print day to you all!